19 June 2014

Great Value for the Money!!




Start your new smart life with Galaxy Y S5360 for dynamic mobile users on the go who want to stay in touch and connected. All the bells and whistles of an Android driven Smartphone with exciting apps, faster downloads, Wi Fi connectivity on a more intuitive, enticing UI. Accessing web based apps and mobile Internet has never been easier for a new generation always on the move. Stylish smarts are full featured on this model including big 3 display and larger QWERTY keyboard but still compact. Welcome to a smarter, better life.

I am not giving this phone 5-stars because it's the best phone ever. I am rating based on the value for the money. This phone is for my son since he had an older feature (basic) phone that finally died. This Galaxy 5360 is a Andriod Smartphone with WiFi and GPS. It is unlocked so it works on my AT&T network without a data plan.

I have the HTC One X, a great phone; however, I cannot find anything that this Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 can't do that my 5 times more expensive phone does. It surfs the net, downloads apps and data, has GPS navigation, a camera, music, voice dialing, fast processor a newer OS (2.3.6 vs my OS 2.3.5.) messaging, video, music, etc. Sure it's smaller and lighter but better for him. It starts fast, long battery life, clear screen and works on any GSM network. 

I use AT&T 850 in California and he has no problems. Watch Netflix with stereo headphones in Hi Definition and clear audio, YouTube, video games, conference calling, voice to text messaging and email,....everything the big phones do. I can't believe what a bargain it is. It came fast and when I started it the default language was Serbian/Slavic. 

The owner's manual was written for Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro. No big deal, just pop in the SIM and the battery and fire it up, choose the language button on the right side of the screen, (not the obvious emergency button) and choose American English or any language you like and that was it; Now its an American Cellphone; we were off to the races. It connected and was ready to go.

 The wall charger is the European variety but came with an adapter for U.S. and an additional typical Computer USB to (micro-usb) phone cable connector. It did not come with headphones.The headphone jack is the standard 3.5mm type, available anywhere. It uses the standard charger/data cable Micro-USB type and connects to the computer to charge and modify so I use the same charger as my HTC or Blackberry. 

Like all new phones it ships with the smaller SD card that is only 2GB so I suggest buying a 16GB or 32GB if you want to fill it with photos, videos and music. In this respect it has the same storage capacity as any of the best androids or iPhones. All the features of an expensive phone for 1/5th the price. I am very pleased and so is he. Two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment