18 June 2014

HOW ARE LEAPPAD2 AND INNOTAB2 DIFFERENT?


- The LeapPad2 is smaller. Actually it looks like with InnoTab2 they were the same size, but they surrounded it with an additional ¼" layer of decorative plastic with rubber corners to help protect it from a fall. For small hands I find it cumbersome. Plus it makes the screen appear smaller. But I do like the rubber corners.

- The LeapPad2 has a front and back camera, but the InnoTab2 has only one camera that rotates (creative idea!)

- The battery compartment on the InnoTab is easily accessible. Just slide a switch and it opens the compartment. I prefer LeapPad's more secure sliding feature. But if you're using a gel skin on either that helps prevent access.

- The LeapPad2 only comes with one stylus, the InnoTab2 comes with two; always a plus in case you loose or break one. The InnoTab2 uses a secure rope loop but I looked everywhere in the packaging and there wasn't one! Also, InnoTab's stylus is pure plastic, flat, and slippery. LeapPad2's stylus is what you're more used to seeing (round like a pencil), and not slippery to hold.
- LeapPad2 I had to setup using their installation CD before I could play it, but the InnoTab2 you can start playing right away.

- VTech has some interesting new apps that come with the InnoTab2 right out of the box, like a calculator app, calendar, notes, and clock. I don't know why, but I find that nice. I couldn't find those apps in LeapFrog's app store. Review more

No comments:

Post a Comment